If I think about what I love to eat and what I love to cook, I always seem to find my way back to pasta.
Something so simple and easy to create but so flavorful is why I love creating noodle dishes the most.
This Asiago Chicken Pasta is all that, it’s full of flavorful ingredients made
in simple steps and it’s an incredible meal for any night of the week.
When I say any night of the week I mean it, it can be made with the littlest of time
and pulled together for a seriously great dinner dish with some veggies thrown in.
Flavor for this dish starts with the sundried tomatoes and their flavored oil.
Sundried tomatoes and garlic are sautéed in the sundried tomato oil until sizzling.
The chicken is also sautéed in the hot oil until browned and paired with an
effortless asiago cheese cream sauce that envelopes all the flavors.
Tri-color pasta is tossed with the chicken and cream sauce
then finished with fresh vibrant spinach that wilts with the heat.
Texture plays a big part in this dish bringing plenty of flavor to the palette
from the sundried tomatoes to the spinach to the tri-color pasta.
Maybe I should be making this for dinner tonight, just looking at it is making me salivate!
A big accomplishment in this recipe was having AU eat the tomatoes
and devour this Asiago Chicken Pasta even though it had spinach in it.
Raise your hands up because you can use this for those picky eaters in your life.
- 1/4 CUP SUNDRIED TOMATOES IN OIL
- 2 TABLESPOONS SUNDRIED TOMATO OIL
- 1 LB CHICKEN BREATS, CHOPPED
- 1 1/2 TEASPOONS MINCED GARLIC
- 1 CUP HALF & HALF
- 1 CUP ASIAGO CHEESE, GRATED
- 12 OUNCES PASTA OF CHOICE, PENNE OR OTHER
- 1 1/2 CUPS FRESH SPINACH
- HEAT OIL IN A MEDIUM SAUCEPAN
- ADD IN TOMATOES AND GARLIC ON MEDIUM HEAT
- TOSS IN CHICKEN AND COOK UNTIL BROWN AND COOKED THROUGH, SEASON WITH PAPRIKA, S&P
- POUR IN HALF & HALF, ADD A PINCH OF SALT
- TOSS IN THE GRATED ASIAGO CHEESE AND LET HEAT
- REDUCE TO SIMMER AND STIR
- SEASON WITH S&P IF NEEDED
- COOK PASTA TO ADD TO DISH
- POUR PASTA INTO CHICKEN CREAM SAUCE AND MIX
- ADD FRESH SPINACH, MIX AND LET WILT
- SERVE WITH FRESH GRATED CHEESE ON TOP
Much noodle love,