It’s summer and that means it’s time for smore’s or in this case, Creamy Smore’s Dip.
Summer is the perfect season for gooey marshmallows; slightly blackened and roasted,
smooth and rich melted chocolate smooshed between crunchy sweetened graham crackers.
For the moments when you don’t have the above situation, a fire, or even WANT to sit
in front of a hot smokey fire and get all sweaty and gross than you make this.
At least that’s what you do if you’re me, you make this dip, right here, right now.
Creamy Smore’s Dip with cream cheese marshmallow fluff (for that
ooey gooey marshmallow texture), cocoa flavored whipped cream
(for the rich chocolate) and mini marshmallows to complete the whole fluff thing.
Graham crackers come in for the win as the shovel to help you get
this into your mouth. Or in better terms, the cookie that you continue to
dip into the bowl of chocolate marshmallow goo over and over again.
That sounds better, right?
Strawberries, pound cake, and graham cracker cookies work wonderfully on the side of this dip.
I recommend you serve all three with this tasty bowl of goodness as they
give so many extra fab flavors to round out this Creamy Smore’s Dip.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1/3 less fat), halved
- 1 cup powdered sugar, halved
- 3.5 ounces marshmallow fluff
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips for serving
- graham crackers
- In a medium bowl using a stand mixer, combine 4 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and marshmallow fluff until combined.
- Gently mix in mini marshmallows.
- In a different medium bowl combine 1/2 cup whipping cream, vanilla, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with a stand mixer until whipped firmly.
- In a third medium bowl combine 4 ounces cream cheese and 1/4 cocoa powder until smooth using a stand mixer.
- Combine both the whipped cream and cocoa cream cheese until mixed completely.
- Pour marshmallow mix and chocolate mix into a bowl a little bit at a time until all gone, using a spoon or knife mix the two together to give a marbled look.
Remember, if you can’t have a fire and you NEED smore’s in that exact
moment; grab a few ingredients and whisk up this dessert because trust
me it’s not worth waiting until you’re next log fire to satisfy that craving.