It’s no secret that I love my puppy. I love her so much that it was finally
time to make her some yummy homemade treats; these Gluten Free Peanut
Butter Dog Cookies were a huge hit with baby Nala and she was obsessed!
Nala has always been a Gluten Free girl, we started feeding her Blue Freedom as soon as we got her
and since we do not give her “human food” I wanted to make something that wouldn’t upset her tummy.
After searching and searching for recipes where the ingredients were simple
and the process was easy, I finally found exactly what I was looking for.
Those were my two musts. I didn’t want to make something that took hours
and I didn’t want to put too many ingredients into a cookie treat either.
(Nala patiently waiting while I made her cookies).
The perfect recipe was just five ingredients that I paired down to a minimal four.
Super dog friendly ingredient list as well as healthier than most in this recipe:
rice flour, pureed pumpkin, peanut butter (Nala’s absolute favorite), and eggs.
Can’t get any simpler than that even if I tried really really hard.
(That little lick! I can’t even.)
The Original Gluten Free Peanut Butter Dog Cookies recipe has salt added as well.
I actually forgot the salt but in my mind I think it was on purpose, she didn’t need salt in these anyways.
Trust me, she loves them all the same. Nala will mostly eat anything but I can just tell how much she loves these cookies.
It’s such a treat to pull these out and she gets so excited I can see her start drooling.
She’s the absolute cutest.
- 2 1/2 cups rice flour (brown if available)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, and peanut butter until combined.
- Add in flour and form into a dough using your hands, if it's too dry add in a little water or extra pumpkin.
- Sprinkle flour on your working surface and roll out dough to 1/4-1/2" thick.
- Cut as many cookies as you can.
- Repeat process; roll out dough, cut cookies.
- Lay all cookies onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn cookies over and bake an additional 10-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
I hope all your babies love these treats as much as mine does.
Much love & sweet doggy licks,