It’s no secret that I love a good dip, so generally speaking I only blog about the best ones,
meaning you have got to read all about this fresh and tasty Greek Layered Dip.
Greek food is amazing, we all know that, but a greek dip with lots of veggies & garlic, sign me up!
This is a dip that combines only the best of the best:
– traditional hummus
– homemade (healthier) tzatziki
– feta cheese
Healthier creamy dips are really hard to come by but this one is made with an easy greek
yogurt tzatziki that is still the perfect base without the full fat from sour cream or mayonnaise.
Fresh lemon juice, garlic, and dill really give this tzatziki lots of flavor (especially the garlic)- guilty
garlic lover over here. The hummus could be made from scratch, this recipe is awesome, but I store
bought the hummus I used in this. I swear by the Traditional Hummus from Harris Teeter, it is so good!
I would totally suggest buying the hummus if you’re trying to whip this appetizer up in a snap.
Dips are meant to be easy and fast, so that’s what this is.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is all the layers, hence why it’s called Greek Layered Dip, duh!
The next best thing is all the fresh cut vegetables that make up the layers.
I like to double up on the tomatoes so that’s there’s extra juice and the cucumbers are super crunchy.
OH and the best layer of all, as mentioned above is the feta, lots and lots of feta cheese please!
Also, you can’t forget an important layer in the dip that brings it on home, shredded red onion.
Serve this dip with toasted pita breads and crunchy pita chips.
- 10 ounces traditional hummus
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill, freeze dried or fresh
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons red onion, shaved
- 3/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine greek yogurt, garlic, dill and lemon juice.
- Mix until well combined, set aside.
- Layer the hummus first in an 8x8" or 7x11" dish.
- Top with homemade tzatziki.
- Keep layering with red onion, cucumber, tomato, and feta.
- If you want to use the olives, the final layer is 1/4 cup kalamata olives.
I decided not to use the last layer on this dip, olives, but you totally can, just layer sliced ones right on the top.