Honey Sesame Chicken for the nights you need something quick, fast, super delicious, and easy for dinner.
This recipe right here is for you tonight and for every night this week, just kidding obviously on the last part!
But really, this Honey Sesame Chicken is a slower cooker delight and you barely have
to do any work. Does it ever honestly get any better than that for dinner? I think not.
Slow cooker recipes are one of the best ways to do a meal in my opinion.
Favorite is not even the best way to describe it, absolute best favorite recipe is more like it
because it’s not a long slow cooker recipe, but a shorter one that cooks for just 2 hours!
You can make this on a regular night, after work, or even on the weekend
because you don’t need a full 8 hours for everything to cook up and combine.
Honey Sesame Chicken is made with a short happy list of ingredients.
The sauce is made with:
-and cornstarch (for thickening)
It’s mixed beforehand and poured all over the chicken in the slow cooker and then it’s ready to go!
The sauce cooks until it forms a nice thick sweet syrup (just like Take Out!), it’s really the best.
Sesame seeds are the real stars here, you literally need to coat all the chicken and all the sauce in seeds.
There is no other way.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons veggie oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- sesame seeds for serving
- Cube chicken into pieces, toss in a ziploc bag with cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook chicken till it's just starting to brown, about 2 minutes each side.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker, start on low heat.
- Combine cornstarch and water with a whisk, add in soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ketchup, and rice vinegar.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook 2 hours.