Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs are one of my most favorite things (it is Christmas
time people!) and they should be one of your favorites too.
Put these meaty babies in a crockpot and they become a whole new thing:
Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs for the win.
Question: does anyone else immediately start singing “I want my baby back
baby back baby back ribs” when they see ribs on a menu and then order them?
Or is that just me?
These Slow Cooker Barbeque Ribs are fab (like almost every thing I make on ALF).
They’re super saucy and so tender after they’ve been slow cooked to perfection.
Sauce is the best thing about ribs, am I right?
Without sauce, BBQ is nothing. BBQ is BBQ because of the sauce.
And this particular sauce recipe is made with blackberry preserves.
Yes, these Slow Cooker Barbeque Ribs are made with a
scratch made sauce and that main ingredient is blackberries.
A spice rub mixture goes on the meat first and then comes the scratch made sauce.
I think ribs are best when eaten with a side of fries and a side of coleslaw. That’s the usual stuff anyways.
Once when I was younger I ordered ribs for dinner at some restaurant (I’ve been
ordering/scarfing down ribs since I was a little girl) and I asked for fries as my first side
and for my second side I asked for more fries so I could take them home as leftovers.
This is not a joke, I’ve been this way for years.
Needless to say that story still circulates to this day, but boy do I love ribs & fries.
- 4 pounds baby back ribs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper, blended
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry preserves
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spice rub
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Cut ribs into six even sections and pat dry with paper towels.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Reserve one tablespoon for the sauce.
- Sprinkle rub all over both sides of the ribs.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium sauce pan and heat over medium heat.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reserve 1- 1 1/2 cups sauce to refrigerate for dipping the ribs in.
- Start layering the ribs in the slow cooker.
- Layer sauce first then ribs, sauce then ribs until all the ribs are in the slow cooker.
- Toss ribs in sauce until coated.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-9 hours.
- Turn the ribs once during cooking.
- Once ribs are cooked and tender brush with sauce until covered.
- Serve with fries & coleslaw (or double fries if you're feeling dangerous).
Don’t forget the fries & extra sauce to dip with.