Okay people, this is going to be an amazing blog post.
I made PINEAPPLE BOATS filled with Teriyaki Chicken and rice.
Yes, you read that correctly… Teriyaki Chicken & Rice Pineapple Boats, come on in!
Can you tell how excited I am?!?
These were so super duper easy to make it’s scary and they were so FUN!
I cannot reccomend trying this enough to you and it is the
perfect meal for Summer. This could totally work for an easy
weeknight meal or something fun for the weekend too. It’s up to you!
The cooking time is short and the prep is really not difficult.
Before I get into the awesome deets here, this recipe does not include pineapple at all.
The pineapple is the vessel/bowl but is not in the actual dish.
However, the pineapple boat does sweeten up the chicken a little but and it is fantastic.
I want to make these again tonight just for myself and AU!
I treated us for this meal by using white rice. I tend to only use brown rice when cooking at home for various reasons.
This seemed like a good time for a pass and AU was real happy about that (he doesn’t love brown rice).
I would say go for the gold on this one and make the white rice instead.
I did not make a vegetable (shame shame, I know) but you could just as easily
steam some broccoli to toss in with the chicken and rice and it would be great.
I did however snack on some cut pineapple in the process of cooking.
OMG just look at that chicken.
First: the chicken was literally the easiest part. You just toss some sauce into the cubed chicken and let it simmer and thicken.
Second: my favorite thing is that the teriyaki sauce is homemade and not store bought. Who knew the ingredient list was so short?!
And third: the longest part of this recipe was cutting and
scooping out the pineapple.
But its’ not hard.
DO NOT throw away your pineapple, chop it up and eat it later or on the side.
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- First cut the pineapple in half long ways. Use a knife and run it around the edge leaving enough of a perimeter for a bowl.
- Cut the pineapple insides into three pieces across it, then in half.
- Scoop out the 6 chunks and use a spoon to smooth out the bowl. Cut the pinapple chunks and save for later.
- Cube the chicken into 1 inch bite size pieces.
- Cook the white rice.
- Heat olive oil and toss in chicken. Let them brown slightly.
- Add in honey, soy, brown sugar, and corstarch.
- Stir and bring to a slight boil, once boiling turn to medium low heat.
- Let chicken simmer for 10-15 minutes until it has thickened.
- Toss in the sesame seeds and combine.
- Place one scoop of white rice in the bowl and top with chicken.
I took a lot of pictures because it was just so pretty and vibrant!
Can’t wait for you to try it and lick the bowl clean, literally 😉