Thai Chicken Fried Rice, four words made from simple ingredients with an AMAZING amount of unexpected flavor!
Before you do anything… you need to read this post and make this dish THIS week.
Initially this recipe was found during a normal Pinterest search, we usually look and look for different recipes with exciting twists or new ideas until we find interesting posts we can remake and adjust.
This Thai Chicken Fried Rice appeared one day and immediately caught our eye as a different type of fried rice recipe.
Hibachi Chicken Fried Rice or Japanese Chicken Fried Rice is always the most popular but Thai Chicken Fried Rice is not as common.
Usually I’m more of a pad thai or red curry kind of gal.
But we found this and found real gold peeps.
The flavors in this dish, how tasty and even how addicting is absolutely incredible.
If you believe it, this was eaten straight of the pan after dinner was served, not even kidding.
Only a few things were changed but this recipe originates from Recipe Tin Eats.
Although this recipe packs a huge punch of deliciousness there is a simplicity to it that we just totally love.
The recipes we make and share are something we try to keep simple but always flavorful.
We stay away from and cannot stand recipes that have millions of ingredients that feel overwhelming or even complicated.
At ALF we work hard to make sure our recipes are interesting, actually taste good, are easy to make, and always with a simple ingredient list.
Not to mention, we try to keep them fast as well.
That’s a promise we always try to keep for you!
- 3 TABLESPOONS VEGGIE OIL (2 TABLESPOONS IF USING A WOK)
- 2 TEASPOONS GARLIC, MINCED
- 1/2 SWEET YELLOW ONION, CHOPPED FINELY
- 1 CHICKEN BREAST, SLICED THINLY AGAINST THE GRAIN
- 2 LARGE EGGS
- 3 CUPS COOKED WHITE RICE, REFRIGERATED OVERNIGHT
- 2 TABLESPOONS FISH SAUCE
- 2 TABLESPOONS SOY SAUCE
- 1/2 TABLESPOON SAMBAL OELEK
- 1 TEASPOON WHITE SUGAR
- LIME WEDGES, SLICED TOMATOES, & BASIL TO SERVE
- HEAT VEGGIE OIL OVER HIGH HEAT
- FRY GARLIC FOR 30 SECONDS
- ADD IN ONION, FRY FOR 1 MINUTE UNTIL TRANSLUCENT
- TOSS IN THINLY SLICED CHICKEN AND CHIVES, MIX AND COOK UNTIL JUST WHITE ON THE OUTSIDE
- PUSH CHICKEN TO THE SIDE AND CRACK EGGS IN THE CENTER OF THE PAN
- SCRAMBLE THEM AND KEEP SCRAMBLING UNTIL THEY JUST COOK, MIX INTO CHICKEN
- PUSH MIXTURE ASIDE AND ADD COLD RICE INTO THE MIDDLE, FLATTEN GENTLY
- POUR FISH SAUCE, SOY SAUCE, SUGAR, AND SAMBAL OELEK OVER THE RICE; COOK IN THE MIDDLE FOR 2 MINUTES, MIX RICE AND COOK ANOTHER 2 MINUTES
- COMBINE CHICKEN MIXTURE AND RICE, FLATTEN GENTLY AND COOK ANOTHER 2 MINUTES
- SERVE HOT WITH LIME WEDGES, TOMATOES, & BASIL LEAVES
- SUB OYSTER SAUCE FOR SOY SAUCE IF YOU HAVE IT
- IF YOU HAVE A WOK USE 1 LESS TABLESPOON OF OIL
We hope you love this dish as much as we did because this is now on weekly rotation in our house with the colder weather this month!