It’s time for dessert and The Best Tiramisu is at the top of my list.
I’m such a sucker for anything that has homemade whipped cream in it.
You know the kind you buy in liquid form and whip until you can’t whip it anymore?
Yeah, that’s the kind I reaaaallly like.
The texture, flavor, and air in whipped cream is like nothing else.
Paired with coffee, chocolate, and kahlua; I can’t think of anything else that’s sounds more amazing.
I love Tiramisu, it’s one of my absolute favorite desserts of all time.
And I almost always order it whenever I am out.
So I started thinking, why not just make it myself?
Well what do you know, it turned out better than I could of ever imagined and I was immediately in heaven!
This Tiramisu recipe is actually the real best recipe out there, trust me.
It’s special because the base of this recipe is a mixture of whipped cream and mascarpone.
That’s what makes it extra delicious.
The ratio of whipped cream to soaked lady fingers to espresso to kahlua to chocolate sugar powder.
I literally need this right now in my mouth. I’m salivating as I type this out and share it with you.
And don’t forget the chocolate shavings.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces mascarpone
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 24 lady fingers
- 3/4 cup strong coffee, cold
- 1/4 cup kahlua
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- chocolate shavings for serving
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add in mascarpone, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
- Mix slowly until combined, set aside.
- Combine cocoa and powdered sugar together, set aside.
- In a shallow bowl combine coffee and kahlua.
- Dip 12 lady fingers in the coffee mixture and layer into a 9x9" dish in one layer.
- Spread half the cream mixture on top of the lady fingers and sprinkle with half the sugar mixture.
- Dip the other 12 lady fingers in the coffee mixture and layer on top.
- Spread the rest of the cream mixture on top and sprinkle the rest of the sugar mixture on top.
- Cover the top of the tiramisu with shaved chocolate pieces.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve.
Please make sure you enjoy every one last bite of this for me.