Interested in a Triple Chocolate Cake recipe for the next time you need
to bake a Triple Chocolate Cake; because that happens regularly, right?
Some days I wake up and just want cake, do you know that feeling and know what I mean?
Not just any cake; a chocolate cake with multiple layers of fluffy soft cake, a chocolate
creamy gooey center, and of course a smooth rich dark chocolate ganache flowing on top.
You need this recipe, am I right or what?
One of the best ways to make a cake in my opinion, mentioned here in this Red Velvet Cake masterpiece
and here in these Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes, is to focus your efforts elsewhere and just spruce up a boxed cake.
Yes, that is my life motto on cakes, spend time making
a from scratch icing (always), homemade fillings and toppings.
In this century boxed cakes are quite good so I add a little here and a little
there and we have a cake in a matter of minutes. It is my personal opinion to not spend
hours mixing and measuring cake ingredients and instead just use one that’s ready to go!
The secret is to add an extra egg, a little vanilla extract and to bake it perfectly.
With that my friends, you have a bakery cake that doesn’t taste boxed but
like it was made from scratch and you spent all day on it (when you didn’t!!)
And then all my efforts and time are spent on things like this creamy milk chocolate
filling and this super smooth rich but not overly sugary bittersweet chocolate ganache.
Might I mention the origins of this cake coming from Cooking Light making it one for the
absolute books because one it is healthier and two it is better for you and three it is chocolate cake.
Do I need to say more…?
- 1 boxed Duncan Hines Devils Food Chocolate cake
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup veggie oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen nonfat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Combine all cake ingredients using a mixer for 4 minutes.
- Once smooth pour half the batter into a 9 inch cake pan and the other half into another 9 inch cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients from milk to salt over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and keep stirring for one minute.
- Make sure it's thick and remove from heat.
- Pour the filling into a bowl, cover and let it cool.
- Gently fold in whipped cream until dissolved.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Cook two minutes until thick, keep stirring.
- CAKE ASSEMBLY
- Layer the first cake on a cake plate, cover with the filling.
- Layer the second cake over the filling and drizzle with chocolate ganache.
If you were ever wondering what the chocolate devotion ice cream from Coldstone
Creamery was like in cake form, I think it would be this, this right here.
Much love & chocolate devotion always,